The Data on Kubernetes Community is an open space in which users of Kubernetes for data share their experiences, compare approaches, and generally commiserate and collaborate.
The Data on Kubernetes Community was started in the summer of 2020 and since then has:
- Hosted nearly 50 talks
- Grown to 500+ members on Slack
- Branched into Spanish/Portuguse talks and content in addition to English
Please join us. By registering here you will be registered for the frequent meet-ups, for our newsletter (no marketing, just community content), and for the DOKC Slack:
Highlights have included:
- the Hello World talk by Patrick McFadinof Datastax who spoke about the evolution of Kubernetes to operate Cassandra and vise-versa and the education of DBAs on their journey to becoming data SREs
- An examination of Argo for workflow in data pipelines by Stephen Bailey of Immuta
- The architecture of a distributed database by Jim Walker of CockroachDB
- HypsterStore-C: S3 object storage managed by Kubernetes with Gary Ogasawara CTO at Cloudian ç
Originally sponsored by MayaData, the originator of OpenEBS, and more recently joined by Datastax, famous for their support of Cassandra, the Data on Kubernetes community is a vendor-neutral environment focused on practitioners. The community is in the process of being absorbed by the CNCF itself for open governance and to assist in ongoing funding and collaboration. Your ideas and your experience in using Kubernetes for Data are welcome and needed.